7/09/2012

10-Year Glenmorangie Original

A Scotch tasting on WillHaas[blog]?!? If you're mind hasn't exploded onto the walls around you, you'll want to keep reading. Not only is this the first Scotch (a.k.a. irish whisky) but this is also the first time that I have relinquished authorship of a post to a guest writer. 


The guest author is long-time friend (and now international linguist) Sam Ronicker. I have known Sam since 1997, and although we haven't seen each other for a few years, our conversation was revived with a quality, aged tonic. 


Please take some time to check out Sam's Blog: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness


Now...on to the Scotch
10-Year Glenmorangie Original: 
sam
[photo credit sam ronicker]
Sam writes:
I taste-tested this single malt scotch whisky Glenmorangie Original at Taguchi beach park this evening.  While I like the taste and may add it to my regular scotch collection, it doesn't have enough bite for my preference.  I like biting scotch and this particular single malt it a bit too smooth and sweet for me.  A bit of a floral taste sweeter than other single malts I've tasted.  


It does, however, have a beautiful look, especially in the warm glow of the setting sun over the East China Sea.  It has a bit of a woody taste to it---which isn't unusual for single malts and it is quite smooth.  Glenmorangie is not the smoothest taste I've had but pretty good.  I definitely will look forward to having more.  Don't worry the bottle and glass, they survived the trip to the beach and I am actually sitting at my desk enjoying another glass as I write this. 


Whatever the case, if you're looking for a clean single malt to go with a premium cigar (which I don't have, because I haven't found a good cigar shop here on island yet) just to sit back and enjoy the original Glenmorangie.  You will not be disappointed.







No comments: