3/09/2010

Wild Turkey 101 (whiskey taste #5)

Am I bold enough to post bourbon taste notes on my photo blog? Am I bold enough to pose a Wild Turkey bottle with my shotgun and appropriate shot shells? I think the picture above is the answer to both questions. This was a super fast / make-shift photo set-up since Jenny doesn't approve of mixing guns and whiskey, or posting those photos on my blog--oh well. The photo was done in about 5 minutes with a quick 2-light set-up, a Canon 5D/50mm combo, and hastily thrown props...

Tasting Notes: I've had much stronger (by alcohol content) whiskeys before, but one sip of Wild Turkey 101 and your ears heat up, yet the flavor is not overpowering, nor does it have a lingering burn in your mouth. Its flavors are on the darker, robust side; molasses, caramel, and spicy oak. It finishes very clean on the palette so this is a must with food, although it does make a fine sipping whiskey for those days you feel bold and unstoppable.

No comments: