9/18/2011

George Dickel

>>A special thanks to Connosr.com, whose tasting notes most-closely matched my experience with George Dickel<< 

George Dickel holds a special place in my whiskey-repertoire. Why? Because the first bottle of whiskey I ever purchased was a bottle of George Dickel---its probably hard to believe that I still love whiskeys and bourbons. Don't get me wrong, its not that GD is bad, but this was before I had conditioned my palate to a whiskey of this strength. Needless to say, that first bottle was drank almost solely as Dickel-and-Dews.
 
 An interestin fact, Jack Daniels and George Dickel are the only two legal distillers of Tennessee Whiskey*. Anyway, how does it taste? The first sip of GD starts with maple sugar, citrus, and spice. Even though the name insinuates 12-year aging, George Dickel is only aged for 4-years. Due to this aging, the taste is prominent with maple sugar with wood hints.  There are vanilla hints and a little caramel. The spice flavors increase as it mellows on the palette. Overall, George Dickel is very lively in the mouth. The finish is not brief, building the the wood and spice flavors.

The best part about George Dickel is the price, affordable for everyday sipping--in moderation of course.

_MG_2110-S



*Info provided by http://www.connosr.com

No comments: