9/28/2011

Filmos para Fotografia

Ok, so it was only partly my intent to increase Latin-American or Spanish visitors to my blog...but we'll see if it works.


We all make a journey in life. Sometimes the route we choose leads us to a different destination than we had intended, whereas other times we are able to consult maps and guideposts along the way to correct our orienteering, or maybe we have no fixed destination and therefore wander all of our days... What am I trying to say? In short, trial and error will end up as errors at least 50% of the time, its just statistics. 


For example, my trials with film photography. I know the end result I want to achieve, but I know I am not there yet. Let's list-off the known errors with these photos 1) No meter used, I guessed the exposures. 2) Processed by WSU intern via Meijer film labs. 3) 1-hour film-to-disc processing---need i say more ? Nonetheless, I have learned a great deal from these 2 rolls of film.


I hate the technicalities of these photos, but I love the subjects in the frames, so get over the terrible processing and enjoy the Haas children, riding bikes...or as my Latin-American friends might say, los niƱos que conducen bicicletas. 

filmos1
filmos2

filmos3
filmos4

filmos5

3 comments:

jakelson said...

These aren't bad. What film camera & film did you use? And yes, the framing & subject matter is much more compelling than the processing. Annie and Cash are getting so big!

will haas said...

For these photos I used a Bell&Howell Auto35 [like this one http://www.butkus.org/chinon/bell_&_howell/bell_&_howell_auto_35_reflex/bell_&_howell_auto_35_reflex.htm ]. The BH camera is full auto, including focus which is very tough at 50mm, f/1.8 past about 8'. This camera featured the futuristic Electronic Eye exposure meter, but mine is useless sans batteries.

For film, I used a Fuji Superia X-tra (party pack) ISO 200. This is, of course, the film of artists.

jenny said...

I love these! they are getting big :(