11/21/2011

iPhone Stand

My friend Luke Maynard really hooked me up this time. I've been looking for a better way to charge/display my iPhone4, and then it finally hit me--shove an iPhone into a piece of wood! That's exactly what we did. I found the roughest piece of wood and then Luke perfected the measurements for use in the CNC router. After some final design ideas I gave him, he delivered this beautiful iPhone stand. There are no visible fasteners, no coatings, and no sanding involved, but unfortunately 2 cross-cuts. Enjoy.

iphone1
iphone2
iphone3

8 comments:

jakelson said...

dude..seriously...hook me up "for Christmas"!! I'll love you more than I already do...oh...add 2 little stereo speakers and you'll be a god! ;)

Cameron said...

I want one too. But measured for a naked iPhone please :)

jakelson said...

I was looking at this again. Why the cross-cuts? A router should be able to start anywhere in the middle where the iPhone is and just cut out the perfect square. Is this simply a deficiency/byproduct of a CNC router? And is the cord just a random curve?

will haas said...

No, the cross-cuts are to trim the board to length---there are other improvements I want to make in version 2.

jakelson said...

oh. gotcha. you don't mind if I "steal" your idea? I'm going to my dad's this week. I may whip up one of my own. BTW, what are you doing this week? I'm coming up tomorrow and will be around until Friday. Give me ring or text.

Nick Walton said...

I think you should put this up on kickstarter.com

These things would sell for 30-50

will haas said...

As much as I would like to mass produce these units and have them for sale in all 50 states, I think I'll keep these to a limited production. Then I can charge $200 for a hand-crafted, hand-signed, version...

Samuel Ronicker said...

you should write up instructions and post it on instructables.com